Preventing suffering means acting before an unwanted litter is born. Please join us today!
Our urgent message…
- The most fundamental step in stopping companion animal suffering is preventing unwanted litters.
- Addressing overpopulation by building shelters is a costly, outdated approach that leaves millions of unwanted animals out in the cold.
- This is a global issue: worldwide at least half of dogs and cats born are unplanned and unwanted. This represents over half a billion animals. The average life of a female street dog is under three years.
- When it comes to pets, the experience for the child in poverty is glaringly different from those in wealthy communities. When basic care is out of range, neglect becomes a ‘default mode,’ that is passed from one generation to the next. Together, we can prevent the quiet catastrophe of unwanted litters.
- Spay FIRST! brings years of experience to the table. We lead the way in non-surgical research and mentoring spay/neuter programs designed for underserved communities.